Endoscopy Tech - 40 hours
This job is located in Dartmouth MA, at the Hawthorn / Saint Anne's Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Under the direction of the RN, the endoscopy technician is responsible for assisting with the care and safety of the patient in the endoscopy suite. Other duties include assisting physician with the endoscopy procedure and processing of endoscopy equipment. The endoscopy technician is responsible for performing a range of support activities that contribute to the overall efficiency of the endoscopy unit. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, high level disinfection, reassembling, and maintaining endoscopy suite and endoscopy equipment. The endoscopy technician is also responsible for maintaining supplies and keeping stock supplies in the department.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Assists physician with endoscopy procedure
- Cleaning of endoscopes: High level disinfection
- Processes all instruments and equipment for Endoscopy according to manufucterer’s recommendations
- Updates and maintains IFU’s related to endoscopy equipment and instrumentation
- Performs specimen handling
- Performs documentation and logs related to sterilization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to assist physician in all endoscopic procedures
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, infection control principles, high level disinfection, equipment and supply processing.
- Knowledge of Spauling Classification
- Knowledge of Universal Protocol
- Knowledge of ASGE Guidelines
- Ability to prioritize equipment needs of the endoscopy suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technologists preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): 1-2 years of experience
- Certification/Licensure:, CST preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.