This Job is located at the Saint Anne’s Hospital Southern New England Surgery Center – SNESC, in Attleboro MA.
A service of Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, the center provides high-quality surgical care and a wide variety of minimally invasive surgical options in specialties that include colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, plastic surgery, podiatry, spine surgery, and urology. Our state-of-the-art anesthesia care reduces patients’ post-surgical pain and discomfort and speeds recovery. Together, our team is committed to providing superior, personalized patient care.
The center features a team of more than 40 board-certified surgeons, plus anesthesiologists, registered nurses and surgical technicians. Together, they perform more than 9,000 surgical procedures annually. Some of the most common procedures include endoscopies (e.g., colonoscopy), orthopedic procedures (e.g., arthroscopy), minimally invasive spine surgery, hernia repair, ankle and foot procedures, and a variety of biopsies (e.g., bone, bladder, colon, muscle, prostate, etc.).
Under the direction of the RN, the endoscopy technician is responsible for assisting with the care and safety of the patient in the endoscopy suite. Other duties include assisting physician with the endoscopy procedure and processing of endoscopy equipment. The endoscopy technician is responsible for performing a range of support activities that contribute to the overall efficiency of the endoscopy unit. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, high level disinfection, reassembling, and maintaining endoscopy suite and endoscopy equipment. The endoscopy technician is also responsible for maintaining supplies and keeping stock supplies in the department.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Assists physician with endoscopy procedure
- Cleaning of endoscopes: High level disinfection
- Processes all instruments and equipment for Endoscopy according to manufucterer’s recommendations
- Updates and maintains IFU’s related to endoscopy equipment and instrumentation
- Performs specimen handling
- Performs documentation and logs related to sterilization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to assist physician in all endoscopic procedures
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, infection control principles, high level disinfection, equipment and supply processing.
- Knowledge of Spauling Classification
- Knowledge of Universal Protocol
- Knowledge of ASGE Guidelines
- Ability to prioritize equipment needs of the endoscopy suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technologists preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): 1-2 years of experience
- Certification/Licensure:, CST preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.