Endoscopy Technician, GI Station, Per Diem, Flexible Shifts (SIGN ON BONUS)
Knowledge of physiological, psychosocial, and therapeutic components specific to assisting the appropriate treatment, and prioritizing of patients with real or potential life threatening conditions, presenting to the GI Department of care. Assists professional nursing staff and physicians with the provision of GI treatment to patients of all ages. Responsible for organized, systematic reception and categorization of patients. Determines priorities confidently and directs patient flow in a high paced environment, while maintaining composure and courtesy to patients and families. May be needed to work beyond the regular environment, while maintaining composure and courtesy to patients and families. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
$15,000 Sign On Bonus
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- One year experience as an EMT, GI Tech, or related experience. Possesses effective crisis intervention skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assist with varied operative procedures and endoscopist's verbal directives.
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Holds current BLS certification from American Red Cross.
- PALS certification preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization