Location: Norwood Hospital
Posted Date: 01/08/2020
I. POSITION SUMMARY
- The Endoscopy Technician is an integral member of the Endoscopy team. This role supports the Registered Nurse as an extender by providing technical support to the physician during an endoscopic procedure. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of the physician and patients undergoing endoscopic procedures.
- The Endoscopy Technician is directly accountable to the Registered Nurse with whom he/she is working and the Nurse Manager/designee of the Endoscopy Suite.
- 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Fluency in the English language, including the ability to read and write English.
- BLS required through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Successful completion of the Endoscopy Technician Competency Based Orientation.