Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Health Care Steward Morton Hospital. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Health Morton Hospital based on such operational needs.
Cleans and maintains assigned areas of the hospital in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition.
- Sweeps and mops floor areas, vacuums/spot cleans carpets using appropriate solution; arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned areas.
- Routinely climbs ladder to hang cubicle/window drapes, or reach high areas for other cleaning purposes.
- Accurately selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares solutions according to procedure; loads service cart and transports to work area.
- Competently operates various types of equipment, both mechanical and electrical (i.e., buffers, scrubbers). Reports malfunctions immediately.
- Routinely collects medical waste as established by Infection Control Committee.
- Demonstrates responsibility for maintaining floors by sweeping, mopping, applying floor finishes/polishing; strips floors of finish as required.
- Demonstrates responsibility for arranging and moving furniture as requested.
- Demonstrates thoroughness in cleaning assigned areas by washing furnishings, floors and equipment with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Thoroughly washes walls, ceilings, and inside windows using appropriate solutions; washes outside windows and screens as required.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
- Properly completes patient room/discharge cleaning according to departmental and infection control policies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
Education/Experience Required: High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent related work experience.