Environmental Services Worker 1 - Full Time, Day Shift
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
Responsible to Environmental Services for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital's ability to provide efficient effective and safe patient care achieved by providing environmental services including waste removal and disposal, recycling, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting equipment and structures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
High school graduate or GED
Requires up to one-year experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Uses and stores equipment safely, properly, efficiently and follows instructions.
- Prepares and stores service carts, chemicals, cleaning materials, and other related items properly, safely, and by instructions.
- Cleans and sanitizes hospital areas as outlined in the procedure manual using the proper cleaning methods, equipment, cleaning materials, supplies, and chemical solutions at the proper /use dilution mixture.
- Services dispensers with the proper supplies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes of all types of furniture, tanks, fixtures, mattresses, and other related items as assigned by supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes outside of the hospital environment to the dumpster area all refuse, and related materials, safely, as outlined in the procedure manual, and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations.
- Prepares building for activities, set-up, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.