Environmental Services Worker
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Environmental Services for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital's ability to provide efficient effective and safe patient care achieved by providing environmental services including waste removal and disposal, recycling, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting equipment and structures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school Diploma or GED
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Uses and stores equipment safely, properly, efficiently and follows instructions.
- Prepares and stores service carts, chemicals, cleaning materials, and other related items properly, safely, and by instructions.
- Cleans and sanitizes hospital areas as outlined in the procedure manual using the proper cleaning methods, equipment, cleaning materials, supplies, and chemical solutions at the proper /use dilution mixture.
- Services dispensers with the proper supplies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes of all types of furniture, tanks, fixtures, mattresses, and other related items as assigned by supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes outside of the hospital environment to the dumpster area all refuse, and related materials, safely, as outlined in the procedure manual, and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations.
- Prepares building for activities, set-up, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.