Environmental Technician –Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Department for following all department and hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to Environmental Services for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital's ability to provide efficient effective and safe patient care achieved by providing environmental services including waste removal and disposal, recycling, cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting equipment and structures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED required
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Uses and stores equipment safely, properly, efficiently and follows instructions. Prepares and stores service carts, chemicals, cleaning materials, and other related items properly, safely, and by instructions.
- Cleans and sanitizes hospital areas as outlined in the procedure manual using the proper cleaning methods, equipment, cleaning materials, supplies, and chemical solutions at the proper /use dilution mixture. Collects, transports, stores, and disposes of all types of furniture, tanks, fixtures, mattresses, and other related items as assigned by supervisor in an accurate and timely manner. Services dispensers with the proper supplies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes outside of the hospital environment to the dumpster area all refuse, and related materials, safely, as outlined in the procedure manual, and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations. Prepares building for activities, set-up, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.