EP Technologist - Per Diem
EP Technologist- Per Diem
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
The EP Technologist is responsible for supporting the EP Lab under the direct supervision of the medical staff and charge nurse. They function as the radiologic technologist during the procedures and are responsible for the inventory and the operation of all x-ray equipment to include the radiation safety of both the patient and staff. All other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree Required. BS in healthcare or other related degree preferred.
- 2 years of clinical experience in electrophysiology lab or catheterization lab.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the “Service Excellence Standards”
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate efficient and courteous communication with patients and hospital staff
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Microsoft word and excel, and PACS
- Massachusetts Sate Radiologic Technologist License, and ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) license required.
- BLS & ACLS Required
- Functions as a support technologist within the EP Lab.
- Responsible for setting up and operating all clinical and computer equipment pertaining to the care of the patient in the EP Lab.
- Operate and provide technical support for the following:
- Electrophysiological Recording System
- Cardiac Pacemakers, Defibrillators (ICDs), and Cardioversions
- Radio Frequency Cardiac Ablation Equipment
- Navigational Mapping Systems
- Holter and Event Monitors
- EP systems to include CPACS
- Operating the x-ray equipment to include QC, technique, collimation, and panning of the table
- Radiation Safety to include monitoring and logging dose, and the safety of patient and staff
- Other equipment as assigned
- May be required to scrub in invasive EP procedures.
- Provides and promotes education, consultation as needed to other health care team members.
- Supports Medical Center initiatives for performance improvement.
- Assures the proper preventive and corrective maintenance for the EP equipment in accordance with medical center policy.
- Responsible for inventory control within the EP Lab in concert with Materials Management and utilizing the inventory management system.
- Prepares and assists with patients undergoing EP procedures including clerical as well as patient transport responsibilities.
- Assists with use of fluoroscopic equipment during EP procedures.
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of room following procedures including appropriate disposal of potential biohazard materials, safe and appropriate handling of reusable supplies and preparation of reusable supplies for sterilization.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient data and information.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Complete all annual mandatory testing and competencies as directed.
- Maintain licensure/certification and CEUs as required.
- Attend assigned meetings.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic