Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 5/20/2020
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with current Materials Management Policies and Procedures
- Carries a pager and responds promptly to pages for service
- Maintain an accurate and dynamic inventory of all CPME throughout the medical center.
- Clean and tag equipment to established standard.
- Monitor and maintain par levels of both CPME and their corresponding consumables/ accessories for efficient allocation and deployment by performing daily rounds in the various nursing floors, designated clean and dirty equipment rooms, and the patient rooms that have been designated as “home” for certain CPME.
- Track consumable/accessory inventories and submit purchase lists to Materials Management to maintain necessary operational inventory.
- Respond to all service requests for CPME. The CEC will provide “first look” response to all service requests and will determine if problem is equipment, operator, or a procedural error. The CEC will send equipment to Biomedical Engineering for testing, repair, and upgrades.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance inspections occur on time for CMPE by partnering with Biomedical Engineering.
- Interface with Nursing and Materials Management to facilitate the rental of CPME needed to meet the needs of patient care during periods of high census.
- Interface with Materials Management to research and present product information, upgrade options, and pricing to Nursing Management to ensure that CMPE is wisely purchased and is operated properly throughout its useful life.
- Assist Materials Management and Nursing in the coordination of clinical trials and evaluations with regard to communicating product information, logistical issues, product warranty information, and staff education plans.
- Will interface with nursing to provide on-going training to the Nursing staff on the basic functions of the CEC.
- Actively communicate with nursing to help determine and maintain par levels for both equipment and consumables/accessories.
- Will assist Nursing in following established procedures for rotating the CPME between the patient floors and the designated “Dirty” equipment rooms.
- Will assist Nursing in following established procedures on cleaning equipment for placing dirty equipment back into service as needed when the CEC is not available.
- Materials Management:
- Will interface with Materials Management to provide on-going training to their staff on the basic functions of the CEC.
- Will Interface with Materials Management to obtain training on the basic functions of the Storeroom and related systems.
- Will assist Materials Management in setting up an interactive system with the CEC to maintain CPME accessories and consumables.
- Patient Transport:
- Will interface and train with Patient Transport and maintain competency as a Patient Transport Associate.
- Will assist Patient Transport during periods of high call volume or short staffing.
- Will rotate one weekend day shift every three (3) weeks as Patient Transport Associate.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.