Equipment Coordinator - per diem, variable schedule, as needed
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
This position includes managing emergency code carts that are used to resuscitate patients that have gone into cardiac arrest. Also manages Latex Free supply carts for patients that are allergic to any products that contain latex. Responsible for collecting, cleaning and distributing patient care equipment in all patient care areas.
- Coordinates monthly restocking of outdated supplies on code carts utilizing "out date" log book.
- Restocks all code carts as they are used.
- Insure there is a supply of code carts available for back-up during the off shifts.
- Carts are kept clean (free of dust and tape).
- Monitors stock and orders stock for restocking all carts involved in the exchange program.
- Insure that latex free carts are stocked correctly, and understands the serious consequences (anaphylactic shock) of some patients who have a severe allergic reaction to latex.
- Make two rounds daily to all nursing care areas to pick up all used patient care equipment for cleaning. Equipment includes IV pumps, air cast machines, feeding pumps, heating/cooling machines, PCAs, and blood warming machines.
- Cleans all equipment with appropriate disinfectant, places a "clean" sticker on all cleaned equipment.
- Deliver/par levels of clean equipment to Bio-Med for repaire.
- Neatly stores extra clean equipment in equipment room.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignitiy of all patients, familieis, visitors, and fellow emplyees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some inventory management experiences a plus
- Must be able to multi tasks and at times, work under pressure
- Works independently with little supervision
- Punctuality and attendance
Important COVID message
Please note, our Good Samaritan Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.