Equipment Coordinator - Per Diem
Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/22/2020
|This position includes managing emergency code carts that are used to resuscitate patients that have gone into cardiac arrest. Also manages Latex Free supply carts for patients that are allergic to any products that contain latex. Responsible for collecting, cleaning and distributing patient care equipment in all patient care areas.|
- Coordinates monthly restocking of outdated supplies on code carts utilizing "out date" log book.
- Restocks all code carts as they are used.
- Insure there is a supply of code carts available for back-up during the off shifts.
- Carts are kept clean (free of dust and tape).
- Monitors stock and orders stock for restocking all carts involved in the exchange program.
- Insure that latex free carts are stocked correctly, and understands the serious consequences (anaphylactic shock) of some patients who have a severe allergic reaction to latex.
- Make two rounds daily to all nursing care areas to pick up all used patient care equipment for cleaning. Equipment includes IV pumps, air cast machines, feeding pumps, heating/cooling machines, PCAs, and blood warming machines.
- Cleans all equipment with appropriate disinfectant, places a "clean" sticker on all cleaned equipment.
- Deliver/par levels of clean equipment to Bio-Med for repaire.
- Neatly stores extra clean equipment in equipment room.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignitiy of all patients, familieis, visitors, and fellow emplyees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some inventory management experiences a plus
- Must be able to multi tasks and at times, work under pressure
- Works independently with little supervision
- Punctuality and attendance
|Some inventory management experiences a plus|
|Microsoft office, Outlook|