ER Tech - 32 Hours - 11:00pm-7:30am
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
- Coordinates patient care activities for all ER patients including: departmental flow, logging, setup for procedures, documentation, discharge instructions, and coordination of other professional services as directed.
- Removes sutures/staples after the wound is assessed by the physician.
- Applies slings, ace wraps, cervical collars, wrist and knee immobilizers.
- Applies posterior splints to include, but not limited to: sugar tong splints, thumb spica splints, ulnar gutter splints when directed by the physician.
- Measures patients for crutches.
- Performs skin scrubs on dirty wounds prior to laceration repair.
- Provides wound care, applications of OTC ointments, Gelfoam, Silvadene, and applies aseptic or sterile dressings.
- Assist with gastric lavage as directed.
- Performs EKGs on critical and non-critical patients.
- Performs phlebotomy on patients.
- Determines a patient's oxygen saturation by using a pulse oximeter.
- Documents vital signs and all interventions on Emergency Department Clinical Record and signs full name.
- Considers age specific needs according to scope of service: Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric.
- Initiates crutch walking teaching.
- Reviews preprinted instructions with patients and refers all questions to the physicians.
- Sets up sterile instruments for procedures, being aware of applying sterile technique and its principles.
- Rinse, reassemble, and make ready Central Supply equipment for return to CSR.
- Orders, maintains, keeps track of inventory of ER supplies.
- Applies safety principles in testing and maintaining oxygen tanks.
- High School diploma.
- More than one year's experience, as a technician, in an emergency room preferred.
- Previous phlebotomy experience and/or EKG experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy and BLS required.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.