ERT- Emergency Services- PT 24 Hours 11p-730a
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Performs clinical tasks of EKG, splinting, vital signs, finger stick glucose testing, wound care, crutch walking, and patient activities of daily living.
- Performs specimen collection according to hospital procedures at the direction of the nurse.
- Assist providers with diagnostic procedures and exams (i.e. pelvic examination, lumbar puncture, suturing, etc.)
- Performs visual acuity testing on patients and documents as directed by the RN.
- Completes daily department stocking and checklists as assigned by the Lead ED Technician of Charge Nurse.
- Cleans exam rooms upon patient discharge or directs housekeeping to do so for rooms requiring terminal cleaning.
- Responds quickly and courteously to call lights and patient and family requests.
- Greet patients and documents arrival time on triage sheet.
- Obtains and documents vital signs on all patients before they are triaged, unless immediate treatment in clinical area is required.
- Assists with order entry or quick registration of patients in triage to expedite care.
- Assists patients who need assistance with transport from parking area.
- Provides comfort measures for patients in the waiting area (i.e. blankets, ice, etc.)
- Acts as a liaison between the patients and families, triage nurse, clinical staff working inside and security.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate at the high school level.
- CNA, EMT or graduate of Medical Assistant program
- Demonstrates clinical competency within the scope of practice of applicable certification.
- BCLS required.