About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Participates in the general organization and functional operation of the Emergency Department and in delivery of care to emergency patients of all ages under the direction of the registered nurse. EKGs, Vitals, assisting with stabilizing patients, transportation of patients and patient care.
Full Time 32 Hours Per Week
Shift: 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Every Other Weekend
- Performs clinical tasks of EKG, splinting, vital signs, finger stick glucose testing, wound care, crutch walking, and patient activities of daily living.
- Performs specimen collection according to hospital procedures at the direction of the nurse.
- Assist providers with diagnostic procedures and exams (i.e. pelvic examination, lumbar puncture, suturing, etc.)
- Performs visual acuity testing on patients and documents as directed by the RN.
- Completes daily department stocking and checklists as assigned by the Lead ED Technician of Charge Nurse.
- Cleans exam rooms upon patient discharge or directs housekeeping to do so for rooms requiring terminal cleaning.
- Responds quickly and courteously to call lights and patient and family requests.
- Greet patients and documents arrival time on triage sheet.
- Obtains and documents vital signs on all patients before they are triaged, unless immediate treatment in clinical area is required.
- Assists with order entry or quick registration of patients in triage to expedite care.
- Assists patients who need assistance with transport from parking area.
- Provides comfort measures for patients in the waiting area (i.e. blankets, ice, etc.)
- Acts as a liaison between the patients and families, triage nurse, clinical staff working inside and security.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate at the high school level.
- CNA, EMT or graduate of Medical Assistant program
- Demonstrates clinical competency within the scope of practice of applicable certification.
- BCLS required.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129972