About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Environmental Services Associate 1 – Housekeeping
Position Summary: Cleans and sanitizes rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures necessary to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hospital. Other related duties as assigned
- Cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and other areas effectively
- Utilizes the ten step cleaning approach to deliver a clean and safe environment.
- Shower rooms are cleaned, disinfected and aesthetically maintained
- Utility rooms and hampers are cleaned, disinfected and maintained appropriately
- Water is changed after cleaning a maximum of three rooms or when water is visibly soiled
- Maintains the housekeeping cart in a clean, neat order
- Stocks up housekeeping cart for the next shift
- Insures all working equipment is cleaned and polished
- Commodes are properly cleaned and disinfected
- Paper band is placed around commode seat after cleaning to indicate cleanliness and readiness for patient utilization
- IV poles are cleaned and disinfected properly
- Patient chairs and furniture is disinfected and aesthetically cleaned
- Notifies supervisor of damaged furniture, soiled curtains or other areas that need attention
- Exercises protective equipment controls when dealing with bloodborne pathogens
- Wears protective equipment to ensure own safety when handling blood and bloody fluids
- Complies with guidelines in the handling and disposal of infectious waste
- Follows proper procedure on the cleaning and disinfecting of contaminated areas
Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred. Elementary level required
Minimum Work Experience: None
Other skills and abilities: Ability to follow oral and written direction
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.