Executive Assistant, full time
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Executive Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for coordinating Medical Staff functions as well as administrative assistant support to the Chief Medical officer.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in a medical department preferred.
- Planning, organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to devise comprehensive systems or processes to manage the growing needs of the department.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Computer literacy to include, database management and word processing skills and demonstrated ability to master new software programs quickly and as necessary.
1. Updates the Medical Staff Handbook as necessary.
2. Develops and maintains systems to coordinate work related to the Medical Staff and Medical Executive Committee:
a. Coordinates gathering of reports from within and outside the department, utilizing tracking systems.
b. Prepares meeting announcements.
c. Records and types minutes for the Medical Staff and Medical Executive Committee meetings.
d. Assists in the determination and preparation of agendas and related materials.
e. Maintains attendance records
3. Coordinates physician charges within the department. (E)
a. Processes invoices and check requests.
b. Monitors reports and advises Chief Medical Officer of budget-related changes, trends or discrepancies.
c. Collects physician charge tickets, insures completion of the tickets and timely delivery for data entry.
d. Identifies and coordinates with Coders and Patient Accounts to add appropriate procedure codes to the list of billing codes.
e. Prepares and gathers quarterly time studies for all attending physicians.
4. Chief Medical Officer’s patient practice. (E)
a. Answers and screens patient telephone calls
b.. Submits patient billing to the billing service for the Chief Medical Officer.
5. Provides office support to the Department of Medicine.
a. Coordinates payroll activity to include timecards, vacation/sick time accruals, etc.
b. Assists in the development of departmental job descriptions.
c. Creates and distributes monthly departmental and physician service calendars.
d. Does word processing duties, writing and distributing letters, memos and meeting notices.
6. Activities related to the Moonlighter Program to include initiation and management of contracts for new hires, schedule distribution, arrangements for salary, resolving billing discrepancies. Works with Moonlighting Coordinator to resolve scheduling issues. (E)
7. Works with the Director of Medical Education to coordinate the hospital's Medical Grand Rounds lecture series, writing to speakers, preparing announcements, evaluation forms and reports, arranging for room and food setups and payment of stipends. Processes paperwork for Tufts School of Medicine CMEs. Coordinates with Staff Education for nursing CEU's. Serves on the Medical Education Committee. (E)
8. Manages the inpatient Dental Program. Monitors reports to add appropriate patients to the service. Coordinates with the dentist for consults and routine care.
9. Provides orientation to new attending physicians, completes checklist including review of the contractor orientation packet, computer access, picture ID badge, and signature sample, and introduces new physicians to the appropriate staff.
E = Essential Function
1. Sitting 5-7 hours per shift with intermittent standing and walking.
2. Hand dexterity both left and right for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
3. Use of telephone and keyboard throughout the day.
1. Exposure to dust and humidity.