Executive Assistant - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Provides executive secretarial support to the Senior Leadership team of Melbourne Regional Medical Center. Coordinates all contract assignments for patient care areas within Melbourne Regional Medical Center.
Specialized Skills (Required):
- Attends meetings as required and takes minutes.
- Maintains updated files for each as assigned, assists in preparing monthly packets for each meeting and arranges for appropriate support through Food and Nutrition Services and Environmental Services
- Composes correspondence, memos, reports, as instructed. Transcribes from handwritten material or Dictaphone
- Types, formats and proofreads a variety of materials, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Maintains files and security of confidential information, e.g. patient medical records, MRMC financial information, salary, staff and legal information.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Responds to calls and visits from patients, physicians, board members, VIP’s when applicable; determines the urgency of the situation.
- Suggests appropriate referrals or informs the President where applicable, when situation warrants his/her attention.
- Coordinates and tracks workflow, schedules, projects, committee decisions through the department or corporation to ensure paperwork is complete, appropriate, and follow-up services are provided in a timely fashion.
- Tracks contracts, invoices and travel expense reports through the organization
- Performs personnel time tracking through Kronos.
- Maintains established department/administrative policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Administrator and Board of Directors. Prepares travel advance and expense reports.
- Coordinates schedules. Arranges meetings and appointments
- Maintains calendar.
- Coordinates social functions for Administration, Board of Directors, and Medical Staff e.g. business dinners, holiday gatherings, retreats
- Remains aware of resource needs based on patient care requirement and staff vacancies each shift.
- Coordinates contract staff for nursing unit.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130685