Experienced RN, FT (7p-7a Night Shift)- ICU, with $12,000 Sign-on Bonus
Manages critically ill patients. Provides care to patients ages 14 through elderly adults.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters.
- Provides care and education with age-related needs for adolescent, young adults and elderly populations in a highly technical environment.
- Manages patient care in rapidly changing circumstances and takes action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
- Complete management of medication and intravenous therapy. Support patient’s vital signs by safely titrating medication.
- Manages equipment used to monitor multiple physiologic systems, including ventilators, intra-cranial pressure (ICP) drains, arterial lines, Swan -Ganz catheters, and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP).
- Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) - REQUIRED prior to patient care
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - REQUIRED prior to patient care
- National Institute of Healthcare Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certifications - REQUIRED 90 days after Date of Hire
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) - REQUIRED 90 days after Date of Hire
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.