Extern - Per Diem
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.___________________________________________________________________________________________
Responsible to Steward Health Care System for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for assisting and providing infant through adult patient care under the direction of a professional registered nurse. Performs only those tasks listed on the skills list and for which clinical theory and practice have been completed. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be currently enrolled in a professional school of nursing (Registered Nurse Program) working towards and have successfully completed one clinical nursing course and one clinical experience or be within 90 days post-graduation.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Certification in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- The extern will blend information learned in the classroom and learn to provide hands on nursing care, under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse in an acute care, Hospital setting.
- Performs job-specific responsibilities after completion of system-wide, facility and/or unit-specific orientation.
- Maintains clinical skills and sufficient job knowledge to perform functions on the annual equipment/skills educational assessment.
- Documents objective and subjective data on the appropriate medical record.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.