Extern – Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Must be currently enrolled in a professional school of nursing (Registered Nurse Program) working towards and have successfully completed one clinical nursing course and one clinical experience or be within 90 days post-graduation.
- Certification in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross required.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- The extern will blend information learned in the classroom and learn to provide hands on nursing care, under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse in an acute care, Hospital setting, performs job-specific responsibilities after completion of system-wide, facility and/or unit-specific orientation, maintains clinical skills and sufficient job knowledge to perform functions on the annual equipment/skills educational assessment, documents objective and subjective data on the appropriate medical record, collaborates with other members of the healthcare team, performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.