Fellow-Residency Program, Day Shift, Full Time
The Critical Care Fellowship at Palmetto General Hospital is a two-year training program approved by the American College of Osteopathic Internists and the American Osteopathic Association.
Applicants for the fellowship must:
a. Must be a graduate of an osteopathic or allopathic post-graduate clinical education approved medical school.
b. Be and remain a member of the AOA and ACOI during fellowship.
c. Have completed an AOA approved internal medicine residency program or an ACGME approved internal medicine program from which AOA approval has been granted.
During training, all fellows must:
- Submit a fellow annual report to the ACOI by July 31 of each calendar year. Final reports of fellows who complete the program in months other than June must be submitted within (30) thirty days of completion of the training year.
- Attend a minimum of 70% of all educational meetings as directed by the program director. Fellows must also participate in appropriate professional staff activities, hospital committee meetings, and they must participate in institutional resident/student education.
- Participate in a research component, which is to be submitted to the ACOI prior to or upon completion of the training.
- Maintain a procedure log of all required procedures with a copy to be kept in the Department of Medical Education.
- Maintain a current e-mail address and provide to the ACOI.
- Function in an ethical and professional manner.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Must be a graduate of an American osteopathic Association approved College of Osteopathic Medicine or in good academic standing with an anticipated graduation date prior to commencing program at facility.
- Must have passed Level 1 and 2 of the National Board of Osteopathic Medicine Examiners (NBOME) or the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification required
- Must have registered with the Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine or Florida Board of Medicine as a *Physician-in-Training* or have a ACTIVE/CLEAR license status as an Osteopathic Physician or Medical Doctor.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization