Field Sales Representative
The Field Sales Representative is responsible for multi-channel outside sales and outreach activity throughout assigned sales territory in order to meet Plan enrollment goals.
• Must use good judgment and make decisions while working independently in the field.
• Gives Plan presentations to military beneficiaries or groups of 5 – 200, tailoring the presentation to specific needs, interests of the group.
• Collaborates with fellow sales representatives to run sales events for US Family Health Plan including information sessions, health fairs and open houses.
• Routinely evaluates the effectiveness of events for assigned area and uses judgment to adjust scheduling and design of meeting as needed.
• Responsible for coverage of regional activities in absence of regularly assigned sales representative.
• Jointly responsible for all sales activities in a targeted area as assigned as part of a temporary sales initiative or campaign.
• Responsible for multi-channel sales activity for assigned territory.
• Tracks and analyzes territory data to develop new strategy to achieve assigned sales activities and goals.
• Initiates outbound sales calls to prospects by leveraging prospect database.
• Fields inbound sales inquiries and qualify leads to ensure appropriate sales.
• Performs other activities as needed for sales, marketing and external services to support Plan activities and health center operations.
• Participates in team meetings and departmental activities to support Plan goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong sales, interpersonal, and phone skills required.
• Excellent speaking and listening abilities required.
• Must have use of vehicle, with ability to travel throughout assigned sales territory on a daily basis during day and/or evening hours.
• Computer skills required. Familiarity with CRM systems desirable.
• Must be familiar with and understand the local military community, ideally as a military retiree or as an active-duty family member.
I. Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
II. Experience (Type & Length): Three years sales, marketing, recruiting, or public affairs experience, preferably in the health care, or military, environment.
III. Certification/Licensure: n/a
IV. Software/Hardware: Must be proficient with MS Office programs, especially Access and Excel. Familiarity with Salesforce is desirable.
V. Other: Must be able to obtain U.S. Government personnel security clearance as a condition of employment.