File Clerk Medical Records Per Diem days
Responsible for ensuring that documents scanned into the electronic patient medical record are done accurately. Assists patients, physicians and insurances in the release of information process.
Retrieves, prepares and scans hard copy reports into the patients electronic medical records. Answers phones, faxes and other duties to assist in the release of patient information.
Must be able to function as a team player in the following ways:
- A. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- C. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- D. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of Meditech Applications preferred.
- Fluent with computer and phone applications.
- 1-2 years in a medical administration role preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.