At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Financial Analyst: Position Summary
The Financial Analyst serves as a key member of the Financial, Planning and Analysis team, to drive an effective budgeting and planning process and to support high-level analysis. The Financial Analyst will provide analysis in support of the annual budget and periodic reforecast requirements in coordination with business unit and corporate staff organizations; assist in the production of monthly/quarterly financial results, corporate financial reporting requirements and related financial analysis; and perform financial analysis to evaluate operating performance and support decision making.
- Tracking and analyzing key financial and operational business metrics
- Playing an active role in the monthly reporting process inclusive of but not limited to:
- Assisting in the collection/preparation of hospital statistics
- Validating the accuracy of financial results as part of the month-end close and reporting process
- Provide support to both the long-term and short-term (annual) budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Ad hoc analysis in support of corporate initiatives
- This role will be expected to understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business and to help the finance team in making recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Finance or Accounting major preferred but not required
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to present data & analysis in an actionable format
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced work environmen
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.