Food Service Worker 1 - Full Time, Afternoon Shift
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nutrition Services for nutritional service of patient, customers, employees, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum qualifications of 1-3 years’ experience in foodservice, within in the last 5 years required.
Experience or training in Nutrition Service preferred.
Experience with catering, retail foodservice, cashiering preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Orders, prepares, portions, serves food, snacks and nourishments; maintains supplies applicable to area served, and prioritizes job duties to maintain customer service / flow of responsibilities.
- Works tray assembly line.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays according to safety and customer service standards.
- Cleans, sanitizes dishes, utensils, and equipment.
- Reviews and stores daily deliveries and rotates stock according to standards.
- Knows proper procedure for handling food and operating equipment, including cash register system, dish machine, patient tray carts, cafeteria cooking equipment such as grill, fryer, panini, and other small appliances such as blender, etc.
- Covers catering and special functions as assigned
- Accurately operates cash/credit/payroll deduction applications of cash register and is accountable for daily balances and cash deposits, and for accurately applying charges to all items purchased according to process set by management.
- Maintains customer focus and utilizes customer service standards during all interactions with employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.