Food Service Worker 1 - Part Time
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nutrition Services for nutritional service of patient, customers, employees, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Shift Varies: 11am-7:30pm, 3:30p-7:30p, & 6a-2:30p; Weekends/Holidays required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Orders, prepares, portions, serves food, snacks and nourishments; maintains supplies applicable to area served, and prioritizes job duties to maintain customer service / flow of responsibilities.
- Works tray assembly line.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays according to safety and customer service standards.
- Cleans, sanitizes dishes, utensils, and equipment.
- Reviews and stores daily deliveries and rotates stock according to standards.
- Knows proper procedure for handling food and operating equipment, including cash register system, dish machine, patient tray carts, cafeteria cooking equipment such as grill, fryer, panini, and other small appliances such as blender, etc.
- Covers catering and special functions as assigned
- Accurately operates cash/credit/payroll deduction applications of cash register and is accountable for daily balances and cash deposits, and for accurately applying charges to all items purchased according to process set by management.
- Maintains customer focus and utilizes customer service standards during all interactions with employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. Experience or training in Nutrition Service preferred. Minimum qualifications of 1-3 years’ experience in foodservice, with recent experience in the last 5 years required. Experience with catering, retail foodservice, cashiering preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.