Food Service Worker 2 - Part Time
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nutrition Services for nutritional services and hospitality to patients, employees, customers, medical staff, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, and timely service.
Shift: 11am-7:30pm & 5:30am-2pm; Weekends and Holidays required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Remains customer focused on all aspects of hospitality by consistently providing positive, upbeat, customer service to promote a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Completes all tasks associated with the provision of food services for both patients and patrons, including processing of diet restrictions, consults, food requests, and other related nutrition information.
- Participates in a positive team working environment and demonstrates effective communications, and diet knowledge.
- Understands and adheres to proper procedures for accurately processing patient diet related data, proper menu preparation and processing procedures (patient interaction); computer system functions; meal preparation; assembly and presentation; safe and sanitary food handling and equipment operation.
- Accurately handles cash, demonstrates ability to make change, and completes appropriate reports as assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge base for special diet orders and the ability to check patient tray-line for accuracy of trays (random competency testing), providing general guidance as appropriate.
- Accurately enters date, completes reports, processes related department orders/requisitions, and general clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- Processes orders for special nourishment for patients and prepares items as ordered and assigned.
- Accepts meal orders, prepares, portions, plates, serves and/or delivers food with attention to accuracy, detail, and service according to safety and customer service standards
- Keeps work areas orderly and clean, maintains supplies and creates a “welcoming” environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. 1-3 years in foodservice experience, with recent experience in the past 5 years preferred. Hospitality/restaurant/retail or similar related experience preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in nutrition, food service, and hospitality industry. Required demonstration, understanding, and knowledge base for special diet orders and the ability to check patient tray-line for accuracy of trays.
Positive, pleasant and clear communications and customer service skills are essential. Must be self-motivated with initiative to interact freely with customers and have the ability to multitask between office duties and retail / food service responsibilities.