Food Service Worker II, FT-12p to 8:30p
Introduce patient to VIP Room Service and assist patient with menu selections. Assemble, deliver and pick up trays for each meal service. Responsible for patient special requests and needs and provide in-between meal food delivery. Relay patient food issues/concerns to Culinary Services and Nursing. Interact with Nursing in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements. React accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services and accuracy of diet ordered by physician. Know and understand dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Provide quality service which will be evident by good internal and/or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center
- Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Exhibits communication skills necessary to interpret age-specific responses for neonates/infants, pediatrics, adolescent adults and geriatric patients.
- Adheres to medical center and department policy and procedures on universal precautions and patient isolation
- Demonstrates knowledge of modified diets, proper condiments and related restrictions for diets based upon passing a written or verbal test provided qualified staff (ie. clinical staff, department director, supervisor).
- Demonstrates ability to offer alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with cultural, ethnic and religious preferences
- Effectively communicates any patient related problems to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures
- Maintains accurate and current information for patients, as appropriate.
- Exhibits a pleasant and cheerful demeanor when communicating with patients, visitors, professional staff and departmental employees.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with federal, state, local and department sanitation procedure and maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Correctly identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals used in the department following directions recommended by manufacturer and per MSDS sheets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and sanitation with food temperatures, refrigeration temperatures, hand washing, use of gloves and dating of food.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions as per department safety procedures.
- Adheres to medical center and department dress codes.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the VIP Room Service are accomplished.
- Submits all required documentation, reports, logs in a timely, professional and complete manner.
- Demonstrates ability to orient and train staff as evidenced by staff compliance to established work procedures
- Adheres to schedule as written by supervisor.
20. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
21. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in health care environment desirable, but not required
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (or other languages as necessary), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational skills.
- Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required. Ability to interact with patients and staff in a professional and courteous manner. Basic computer skills. Basic math skills.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.