Food Service Worker II
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Nutrition Services for nutritional service of patient, customers, employees, and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years in foodservice experience, with recent experience in the past 5 years preferred.
- Hospitality/restaurant/retail or similar related experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Remains customer focused on all aspects of hospitality by consistently providing positive, upbeat, customer service to promote a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Completes all tasks associated with the provision of food services for both patients and patrons, including processing of diet restrictions, consults, food requests, and other related nutrition information.
- Participates in a positive team working environment and demonstrates effective communications, and diet knowledge.
- Understands and adheres to proper procedures for accurately processing patient diet related data, proper menu preparation and processing procedures (patient interaction); computer system functions; meal preparation; assembly and presentation; safe and sanitary food handling and equipment operation.
- Accurately handles cash, demonstrates ability to make change, and completes appropriate reports as assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge base for special diet orders and the ability to check patient tray-line for accuracy of trays (random competency testing), providing general guidance as appropriate.
- Accurately enters date, completes reports, processes related department orders/requisitions, and general clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- Processes orders for special nourishment for patients and prepares items as ordered and assigned.
- Accepts meal orders, prepares, portions, plates, serves and/or delivers food with attention to accuracy, detail, and service according to safety and customer service standards
- Keeps work areas orderly and clean, maintains supplies and creates a “welcoming” environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.