Food Service Worker
This position is eligible for a Limited Time offer of $1000 Sign on Bonus.
Free meal during the work shift
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
The Nutrition Aide’s primary job function is to perform a variety of tasks including assembly of meals, delivery of meals, cleaning and sanitizing work areas, washing dishes, pots and pans and pre-prepping food items for cook and other peripheral areas, such as the dining areas while providing excellent customer service to patients, visitors and staff
- Requires Knowledge of work routines and procedures and materials used in Dietary normally acquired during less than one full month of work experience.
- The incumbent uses the dishwasher, garbage disposal, carts, refrigerator/freezer, steam table, and mechanical tray line frequently.
- Employee uses knives, serving utensils, garbage carts, patient carts, blender, mixer, and chopper occasionally.
- Must be able to cope with frequent deadlines.
- Must contend with occasional irregular activity schedules and working without the assistance of other personnel.
- Problem solving ability is required in order to follow instruction.
- Must be able to interact and communicate in a positive manner and is solution-oriented when dealing with problems or conflict.
- Is required to have a valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays and a varied schedule based upon the needs of the department.
- Requires the ability to read menus and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
High School grad or GED preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran