Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/17/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- Accurately Assemble, Distribute and Collect Patient Trays
- Collects patient trays at the appropriate time and in an efficient manner
- Cleans all wares used for this purpose
- Cleans all equipment used for this pursues
- Cleans dish machine, dish room and equipment appropriately
- Responds to Patient request in a timely manner
- Handles food in a safe manner (i.e. maintains temps, uses barriers, observes HACCP plan)
- Strips trays per procedure and in a timely manner
- Assists with setting up / dissembling function carts and delivering / picking up caterings as needed
- Perform daily opening or closing procedures as needed
- All other tasks as assigned
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Acts as a role model for other food service aides.
- Assist managers in efforts to foster a positive work environment for all food service employees.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
| || || |
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately?
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task while still treating customers, coworkers, patients with courtesy, respect and compassion
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills using available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Responsible for understanding patient therapeutic diet orders, texture modification, and food allergies.
- Responsible for cash handling knowledge above and beyond that of a food service aide (morning opening procedure, nightly closing procedure, making change / obtaining change order)
- Able to act in a flexible capacity, sometimes bouncing from one task to another (e.g. washing dishes / pots to customer service in the cafeteria)
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Read English
- Work on feet for long periods of time
- Able to be courteous with all customer groups
- Previous food service experience required ( > 2 years)
- Previous cash handling experience required ( > 1 year)
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.