Front Entrance Screener - Per Diem
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The Entrance screener’s primary responsibility is to screen all patients, visitors, vendors, asking medical screening questions and the purpose for their visit. This position will direct the patient and/or visitor to the appropriate area.
The entrance screener reports to the Supervisor and Director of Patient Access Department.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of computers and other standard office equipment preferred.
- Prior hospital experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Greets patients and visitors with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Mans the main entrance to the Hospital.
- Greets, screens, and asks screening questions.
- Directs Patient or Visitor at the entrance to their appropriate area.
- Ability to assess the immediate need of the patient or visitor and react accordingly.
- Must be able to determine if the visitor is permitted into the facility or needs to return to their vehicle
- Cross train to other department functions as time allows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.