Front Office Assistant
Under the General Direction of the Practice Administrator, the Front Office Coordinator works directly with the Practice Manager in coordinating office personnel and other activities in the work areas in order to provide an efficient operation and to enable the facility to provide the best quality patient care. The Front Office Coordinator is also responsible for patient flow, scheduling, collection of demographics, check-out, and assists with arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments prescribed by the physician during the patient examination. Assists with administrative duties as assigned by the Practice Manager and Physicians. Meets the communication needs of the patient/family and medical and office staff. Keeps the flow of communication moving throughout the office. Implements directions from the physicians and nursing staff. Follows through with the patient or their physician offices on outstanding documentation needed to finalize the patient’s chart.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge, good word processing skills
- CPT & IDC9 coding abilities preferred.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a stressful environment and balance multiple deadlines.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- BLS certification.
- Must be willing to travel to cover other clinics as needed.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.