FT CV Data Abstractor
The CV Data Abstractor is responsible for abstracting a large volume of clinical case records within published deadlines for reporting to The Joint Commission) the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) and other national registries as required in support of business objectives and in compliance with regulatory standards. Superior communication skills. Able to discuss complex procedures with physicians and change practice habits based on evidence based medicine. Educate staff to ensure charting compliance with national registries. Communicate registry outcomes in the department meetings. Support the mission and vision of the Heart Institute.
Related work experience needed to perform this job successfully.
Years of Related Experience
- Minimum: 2-4
- Preferred: 5-8
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education 3: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- Education 4: Bachelor's Degree
Specialized Skills (Required):
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques related to data management/collection and database auditing.
- Ability to manage continuous data collection from multiple sources/sites.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to understand and accurately interpret clinical data for timely and accurate abstraction.
- Ability to identify data anomalies and potential issues or trends that warrant further tracking or review; statistical knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency. Familiarity and comfort with MS Office© products is essential.
- Knowledge of meaning and usage of medical terminology, abbreviations, formulary medications and basic disease management.
- Knowledge of the content and intent of regulatory requirements applicable to designated scope of responsibility
Specialized Skills (Preferred):
- Knowledge of professional nursing principles, standards, protocols, procedures, equipment and associated clinical data management.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.