Full-Time - Phlebotomy Coordinator
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Job Summary: This position has a duel reporting structure and will report to the General Lab Supervisor and the Laboratory Director. The Phlebotomy Coordinator will be responsible for phlebotomy staff.
Oversight of Phlebotomy /Lab support staff to ensure compliance with all regulatory and laboratory policies.
· Responsible for evaluation of phlebotomy skill and technical performance, staff development, and student education/training.
· Responsible for the day to day phlebotomy staff operations.
· Identifies collection problems and resolves them independently and in a timely fashion.
· Assists the Core Lab Supervisor with updates the Phlebotomy/ Specimen collection procedures and policies.
· Assists the Laboratory Administrative Assistant with patient registrations, test ordering and supply management.
· Acts as liaison to phlebotomy programs at local community colleges and training programs with the goal to train and recruit new staff.
· Projects a professional and positive attitude, treating all patients, staff and coworkers with respect, concern and confidentiality.
· Trains laboratory staff in the Steward C.A.R.E.S. behaviors (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence & Stewardship).
· Complies with all laboratory and hospital safety policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: 2-3 years Phlebotomy experience
Certification/Licensure: Medical assistant or Phlebotomy certification preferred
Must be able to perform the following: prolonged standing and walking; lifting of supplies; pushing/pulling; grasping; reaching; squatting; kneeling; repetitive procedures
Important COVID message
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.