Full Time - Ultrasound Supervisor
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Under the supervision of the Director of Imaging Services, oversees, coordinates and participates in the total operation of the Ultrasound Section of the Department of Imaging Services. Serves as the primary liaison or spokesperson for the section. Interfaces with other supervisors to ensure quality of care and adequate workflow. Responsibility as supervisor extends only to the Ultrasound Department.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
- Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
- Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
- Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
- 2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
- Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
- Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
- Supervises technical and, if applicable, clerical personnel. Schedules staff for shift and on-call coverage to meet the objectives of the Ultrasound Department. Participates in shift and on-call coverage.
- Initiates and updates technical protocols. Compiles pertinent statistical data. Meets with technical staff to discuss problems, improvements, methods and procedures.
- Provides optimum techniques for detailed imaging. Controls patient files and information. Interviews patients for pertinent clinical data. Assists patients, staff and radiologists, as needed, by explaining and performing procedures, maintaining appropriate communication with patients during procedures. Monitors patient condition throughout time spent in Ultrasound and ensures that the patient is stable when leaving Ultrasound.
- Orients new employees and assists the Director of Imaging Services in interviewing candidates for open positions or on-the-job-training.
- Responsible for reporting usage of supplies and equipment, monitoring use, purchases and inventory of routine stock items.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Coordinates technical services and preventative maintenance for scanning equipment as outlined by manufacturers. Report equipment malfunctions and supplies problems to the Director of Imaging Services.
- As necessary, performs daily QC checks and records results. Conducts equipment start-up and shutdown procedures or delegates such. Assists Director of Imaging Services with quality assurance projects, as requested.
- Provides preliminary interpretations, as requested. Provides patients, referring physicians and institutions with hard copy images as requested and as appropriate. Maintains logs and files. Assists with clerical duties as required. Adheres to infection control and safety standards. Adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
ARDMS Registry in Ultrasound Specialty and/or current ARRT Registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation. Possess a minimum of five (5) years Ultrasound experience.
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.