Full-Time Ultrasound Tech - Day Shift (7a-3:30p)
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Under the advisory supervision of the Director of Imaging Services, shall be responsible for the performance of technical procedures as outlined in the Ultrasound Department Procedure manual.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
- Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
- Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
- Operates ultrasound equipment used in the performance of all standard ultrasound procedures as outlined in the procedure manual.
- Has ability to demonstrate anatomic structures based upon knowledge of patient / equipment positioning and upon the principles of cross-sectional anatomy and ultrasound physics.
- Performs and records equipment quality control checks daily according to JCAHO standards. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Performs routine and interventional procedures as directed by the Radiologist and as outlined in the procedure manual.
- Makes every effort to protect patient privacy, ensures patient comfort and provides quality patient care. Monitors patient’s condition and observes IV and O2 apparatus. Follows Safety and Infection Control Guidelines.
- Ensures that procedure rooms are kept clean and properly stocked. Able to perform all clerical procedures.
- Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Assumes an appropriate share of on-call duty for emergency examinations.
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- ARDMS Registry in Ultrasound Specialty
- BLS Certification required.
Important COVID message
Please note, Norwood Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.