General Utility Worker - Per Diem
Responsible to the Facilities Engineering Department for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital’s ability to provide efficient, effective and safe patient care achieved by performing specific duties related to the maintenance of the facility and grounds as well as other duties as assigned. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Grounds keeping: Mows & trims grass, prunes trees & shrubs. Exposure to summer heat conditions
- Maintains air filters.
- Picks up supplies at vendor.
- Snow removal: Snow shoveling requires heavy lifting and exposure to cold. Maintain walk ways and keep entrances clear. Ability to operate plow truck and all other power equipment related to grounds keeping.
- Plants and cares for flower beds.
- Keeps lawns and driveways and entranceways clear and clean of debris.
- Maintains and makes minor repairs to equipment used and assists in preventative maintenance of facility-based equipment.
- Makes minor repairs to maintain structures.
- Responsible for transporting equipment and furniture within the hospital.
- Maintains preventive maintenance system(s).
- Assists craftsman as assigned including demolition, clean up and project assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED preferred.