General Utility Worker
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to the Facilities Engineering Department for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital’s ability to provide efficient, effective and safe patient care achieved by performing specific duties related to the maintenance of the facility and grounds as well as other duties as assigned. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Grounds keeping: Mows & trims grass, prunes trees & shrubs. Exposure to summer heat conditions
- Maintains air filters.
- Picks up supplies at vendor.
- Snow removal: Snow shoveling requires heavy lifting and exposure to cold. Maintain walk ways and keep entrances clear. Ability to operate plow truck and all other power equipment related to grounds keeping.
- Plants and cares for flower beds.
- Keeps lawns and driveways and entranceways clear and clean of debris.
- Maintains and makes minor repairs to equipment used and assists in preventative maintenance of facility-based equipment.
- Makes minor repairs to maintain structures.
- Responsible for transporting equipment and furniture within the hospital.
- Maintains preventive maintenance system(s).
- Assists craftsman as assigned including demolition, clean up and project assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.