Geriatric Tech (Full-time)
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
- Full Suite of Health Benefits
- Family Atmosphere
- Full-Time Day and Night positions are available with premium shift differentials
- Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the general supervision of the Program Director and the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, the Mental Health Care Technician is responsible for basic care, comfort, and safety of patients. The Mental Health Care Technician establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu of the unit.
1. High School graduate or equivalent with documented competency in providing basic nursing care in accordance with skills list.
2. Documentation of competency in providing BLS and CPI, per unit specific competency.
3. Previous experience in hospital/behavioral health patient care setting preferred.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Exposure to routine hazards and risks involved in performing hospital activities, including potential exposure to infectious processes, potential exposure to hazardous substances, with potential for musculoskeletal injuries.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.