HIM Operations & Education Manager
The Health Information Management (HIM) Operations/Education Manager shall be responsible for all HIM consolidated functions across all divisions. The primary functions include clinical record analysis, image validation, clinical reporting, record storage, release of information, cancer registry, and unbilled management.
- Direct responsibility of managing Analysis and Indexing and the development of a centralized team.
- Responsible for monitoring facility Analysis and Scanning/Indexing Queues to ensure timely turnaround.
- Maintain open communication with hospital leadership team. Compliant to HIPAA guidelines.
- Schedule hospital assistance with analysis and indexing teams.
- Promote a culture of collaboration between hospital leadership and shared service professionals.
- Coordinate workflow improvements with HIM Operations Director.
- Assist facility coverage from a management perspective on-site and remotely as needed.
- Implement new HIM systems with on-site coverage.
- Education to all HIM Operation on HIM applications such as Meditech, Trinysis, and any additional applications as needed.
- Ensure SHC policies related to HIM, Revenue Cycle, and Compliance are implemented and monitored.
- Responsible for medical record processing (scanning and indexing) to be completed within 24 hours of discharge.
- Ensure HIM regulatory compliance with TJC and DNV.
- Implement HIM related projects at the direction of the National Director of HIM Shared Services & Operations.
- Support hospital-based departments such as Quality, Risk Management, and Case Management with respect to HIM related data capture or workflow enhancements.
- Work with other SHC senior leaders as needed.
- Assists HIM Leadership team with development and implementation of health information management policies.
- Supports and facilitates clinical, administrative, and external data use functions.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect health information management.
- Assist with HIM clinical reporting as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience with project management, extensive knowledge of information systems
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience 5-7 years progressive HIM Management experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting. Extensive experience with Revenue Cycle operations including acute care coding preferred
- Certification/Licensure: RHIA or RHIT
- Software/Hardware: Meditech experience required
- Other: Remote Position
- Travel: Expected travel is up to 25% annually