HIM Release of Information Specialist
Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 8/10/2021
- Determines medical records to be released by reviewing Biller and / or Collector requests for proactive (submit medical record attachments with initial claim) or payer denial requests within the Cerner Business Office Work Queue.
- Logs payer medical record attachment requests into ROI Online – Business Office Edition (BOE) database.
- Obtains medical records and billing documents if required from various medical record sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request.
- Scans medical records into ROI On-Line database.
- Creates payer cover sheet.
- Ensures all correspondence is logged within ROI application(s) within 24 hours.
- Closes the request in ROI Online – BOE database and the Cerner Business Office Work Queue.
- Responds to Business Office staff questions and investigates issues related to medical record payer requests.
- Business Office payer medical record attachment requests are to be processed within 24-48 hours of the receipt of the request (request to delivery).
- Monitor and coordinate with Release of Information vendor resources and Steward Health Care Revenue Cycle professionals.
- Prepares key performance reports for Steward Health Care Revenue Cycle leadership
- Complies with site facility policies and regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Meditech and Cerner experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency using computer applications. One or more years’ experience entering data into computer systems. Experience using the internet is required.
- Demonstrates success working in an environment that requires attention to detail.
- Education: High School Diploma / GED required
- Experience: Prior work experience in Release of Information required, HIPAA knowledge is required
- Certification/Licensure: AHIMA or AAPC Coding Credential is a plus
- Other: Required to work out of Steward Health Care office located in Richardson, Texas 5 days per week.