HIM Release of Information Specialist
The HIM Release of Information Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Central Business Office(s) at Steward. The position supports processing requests for patient medical record attachment requests received from payers related to claim denials or claim processing.
- Determines medical records to be released by reviewing Biller and / or Collector requests for proactive (submit medical record attachments with initial claim) or payer denial requests within the Cerner Business Office Work Queue.
- Logs payer medical record attachment requests into ROI Online – Business Office Edition (BOE) database.
- Obtains medical records and billing documents if required from various medical record sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request.
- Scans medical records into ROI On-Line database.
- Creates payer cover sheet.
- Ensures all correspondence is logged within ROI application(s) within 24 hours.
- Closes the request in ROI Online – BOE database and the Cerner Business Office Work Queue.
- Responds to Business Office staff questions and investigates issues related to medical record payer requests.
- Business Office payer medical record attachment requests are to be processed within 24-48 hours of the receipt of the request (request to delivery).
- Monitor and coordinate with Release of Information vendor resources and Steward Health Care Revenue Cycle professionals.
- Prepares key performance reports for Steward Health Care Revenue Cycle leadership
- Complies with site facility policies and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Meditech and Cerner experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency using computer applications. One or more years’ experience entering data into computer systems. Experience using the internet is required.
- Demonstrates success working in an environment that requires attention to detail.
- Education: High School Diploma / GED required
- Experience: Prior work experience in Release of Information required, HIPAA knowledge is required
- Certification/Licensure: AHIMA or AAPC Coding Credential is a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 104675