Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Cook
- Separates usable food, covering, data and labeling for storage in appropriate area.
- Utilizes appropriate standard precautions for safe food handling and sanitation principles in the provision of services.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in the moving and lifting of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions related to infection control in relation to maintenance of equipment, supplies, the environment, and personal hygiene activities.
- Demonstrates proper knife safety
- Wears required slip-resistant shoes and hair restraint.
- Completes daily cleaning list assignment
- Uses equipment in the kitchen effectively and safely and maintains equipment and work area in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment, operates and cleans the dish machine.
- Monitors temperatures of equipment in work areas and ensures all food is maintained at the proper temperatures and meets quality standards for freshness and appealingness in all service areas.
- Monitors foods for expiration dates and takes appropriate action to see it is utilized or discarded
- Stocks area with appropriate condiments, utensils, dishware and food items needed observing “first-in, first-out” food rotation principles.
- Prepares all foods on work production sheets and standardized recipes. Portions and weighs foods to appropriate serving units. Prepares regular and modified menu items according to standardized recipes.
- Food preparation meets quality standards of appearance, freshness and palatability. All foods are tasted prior to service and corrective action taken if food is unacceptable.
- Batch cooking techniques are used to ensure that food is fresh and to limit waste
- Determines carry-over food items and evaluates which foods are reusable daily. Helps in developing recipes and recognizing opportunities or problems with food supplies.
- May serve on patient tray assembly line, in café, or in doctor’s lounge assuring that the set-up is completed accurately in content and location and that the food served is attractive.
- Works with diet office employees, doctors, and catering customers to make sure the customer receives the right items that they ordered and are satisfied with their food.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required
Experience: 0-1 year ; previous food preparation experience; hospital setting is preferred.
Technical Training, completion of formal culinary program 1 - 3 years' experience
Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer