Sebastian River Medical Center (SRMC), a Steward Family Hospital, nationally-recognized facility located along Treasure Coast of Florida, offering high-quality care close to home. Housing over 150 beds, and fully-accredited by the Joint Commission, Sebastian River boasts over 100 affiliated physicians, over 650 nursing and ancillary staff, and nearly 200 volunteers. When patients are in need of acute hospital care, Sebastian River provides state-of-the-art technology, as well as comprehensive emergency services and award-winning surgical care.
Sebastian River Medical Center is committed to achieving the highest level of measurable quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care services that are responsive to the needs and values of our patients, physicians, employees, and visitors. Sebastian River Medical Center is currently undergoing a facility expansion by adding another 46 patient rooms and an Operating Room expansion in which we are excited to better serve our community.
Position Summary: The Chief Executive Officer has full leadership and operational responsibility for the hospital. CEO will ensure success of the hospital through quality enhancement, cost containment, revenue growth and development of strong relationships with hospital staff, board members, and community leaders. The CEO shall be selected and employed by Corporation, after consultation with the Board, and shall be its direct executive representative in the management of the Hospital. The CEO shall have the authority to, and be held responsible for, administering the Hospital in all of its activities, subject only to such policies as may be adopted and such orders as may be issued by Corporation. He/She shall act as the authorized representative of the Board and Corporation, if Corporation has not formally designated some other person for that specific purpose. Corporation, through the CEO, shall be solely responsible for the selection of key management personnel for the operation of the Hospital. The Board of Trustees shall provide to Corporation an annual evaluation of the CEO’s performance. The evaluation shall be submitted in such form as may be designated by Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment status of patients of the Hospital and their families.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Responsible for overall operations of the acute-care facility.
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a leadership role in the recruiting and retention of physicians.
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with local community as well as the community leaders.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services.
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the financial success of the Hospital through continuing education, participation in corporate training and development, and an effective program of personal growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Masters degree in hospital administration and / or business administration.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of demonstrated successful leadership in a healthcare facility, which includes but is not limited to: building relationships with board members, physicians, hospital employees, and community; growing hospital revenue to meet budgetary goals and objectives; and meeting necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations.
- Flexible shifts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent differentials
- National certification and higher education pay
- Outstanding culture and employee satisfaction scores
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Sick, vacation, and holiday time