Coral Gables Hospital – Hospital President
Coral Gables Hospital, a 245-bed hospital in sunny South Florida have been caring for the community for more than 95 years. Our family of over 600 nurses, doctors and staff are dedicated to providing expert, compassionate care for families in our community. Coral Gables offers a broad range of services including specialties such as General Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology, Internal Medicine, Emergency Services, and Robotic Surgery. Some of the Awards and Recognitions include:
- First hospital in Miami Dade to obtain the JC Advanced Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- CMS Quality Star Rating 4 Star
- 2020-2022 BCBS - Blue Distinction Specialty Care programs Total Hip & Total Knee replacement
- Becker’s 2019-2022 Top 100 Best Hospital for Orthopedics
The Hospital President provides executive leadership and oversight of Coral Gables Hospital operations. Responsible for achieving hospital goals in a manner consistent with Steward’s vision, mission, and values. Drives the engagement and empowerment of all members of the team and serves as an effective champion for safety, security, quality and overall satisfaction. Ensures compliance to policies and standard set forth by state, federal and Steward Health System.
- Works collaboratively with the Miami Region President in developing long and short-range plans designed to enhance Coral Gables Hospital position as a preferred hospital for the region. Participates in the formulation of objectives and operating goals for recommendation and adoption,
- Collaborates with hospital executives and their respective teams to ensure that all goals are defined and achieved.
- Participates and engages in providing insight and collaboration in decisions of strategic nature with Steward Health System executives and their divisions.
- Evaluates organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity. Takes timely action regarding organizational and process changes as necessary to help achieve goals and objectives of the organization.
- Implements an effective ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care delivered to Patients to Improve processes and redesigns services to improve Patient care and customer service.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, and integrating health care technology and information management systems that support Patient care needs and effective use of nursing and Patient care provider resources.
- Ensures compliance with policies and ensures conformance with all state and federal licensure, accreditation, and regulatory requirements. Serves as primary executive liaison for The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies; has primary accountability for accreditation standards for the organization.
- Represents Coral Gables Hospital in community activities and with other health agencies.
- Ensures that Coral Gables Hospital meets its operating objectives and program goals within budgetary guidelines. Evaluates revenue targets, dashboards and collaborates with the CFO on revenue cycle and revenue growth.
- In collaboration with the CHRO, ensures availability of talented personnel and promotes the recruitment selection, retention, development, continuing education, and advancement of professional, technical and support staff.
- Improves financial performance and enhances market share through timely and effective performance management and growth strategies.
- Serves as a catalyst to inspire the advancement of high-quality care, lower costs, and benchmark-level Patient and Provider experiences.
- Serves as a role model for collaborative behavior across the organization while championing an atmosphere of collaboration.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by the Miami Region President.
- Maintains high ethical standards and integrity consistent with Steward Health values and expectations.
- Translates complex strategies into achievable team and individual goals, measures and action plans that deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Maintains ongoing feedback and assessment processes that determine progress to achieving objectives and, if necessary, lead to course correction.
- Participates in talent planning to ensure the development of high performing leaders. Shapes roles and assignments in a way that maximizes individual capability and performance.
- Demonstrates high visibility networking and interacting constantly with key stakeholders to inform and advise on strategic initiatives, progress and healthcare trends.
- Exhibits excellent communication, presentation and listening skills that secure commitment and alignment.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to encourage feedback and collaboration with his/her staff in order to promote a high standard of patient care, cost-effective delivery of services, and a team-oriented culture.
- Strong reputation for effective physician relations and a demonstrated history of developing teams to achieve desired business results.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in hospital or healthcare management, a track record of successfully leading a complex entity in a competitive environment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 121754