Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist
Under general supervision the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) counsels applicants about job opportunities within the hospital, screens resumes and applications, interviews qualified applicants for various positions, schedules candidates to interview with hiring manager and conducts offers of employment. The TAS will initiate background checks and prepare documents to assist HR in the new hire process. The TAS confers with requesting departments regarding staffing needs, trends, position requirements and strategies. The TAS will initiate contact and schedule recruiting visits to colleges and schools, professional meetings and conferences. The TAS will utilize current practices marketing practices to attract talent, including but not limited to social networking, college visitation programs, mail and or email campaigns, networking in the community and prospecting.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or other related field preferred
- Minimum of one year of recruiting experience required
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to Human Resources to effectively communicate with applicants, employees, team members, department managers/directors and administration.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Proven ability to work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality‹‹‹‹‹
- Basic knowledge of personnel management, employment and recruitment techniques, and laws relating thereto.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.