Hospital Risk Manager
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is a community health care provider serving patients in Howard County. An acute care hospital with 146 licensed beds, Scenic Mountain is Joint Commission accredited. Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
About the Shift:
Day Shift - As needed on weekends and holidays
About the Position:
The Risk Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the risk management program, including the identification, evaluation and treatment of risk in the organization. The risk manager develops and manages a systematic process to identify, assess, and treat actual and potential exposures to loss.
Assists the Director of Quality and Safety and Manager of Accreditation/Regulatory Readiness and Patient Safety with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies.
- Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
- BS required, MS or JD preferred
- RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred
- State licensed when indicated
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.