Housekeeper- 16hrs/wk days
Housekeeper- Part-time 16hrs/wk, day shift, two 8-hr weekend shifts, holidays required as needed.
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
- According to established procedures, cleans and services all areas of facility.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around hospital departments, and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Responds to fire or disaster codes as instructed by supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, preferred.
- Some work-related experience preferred but willing to train.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares chemicals according to procedure.
- Loads maid's carts and transports to work area.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing high touch areas, such as door knobs, handrails, telephone, wall plates, light switches, light pull cords, housing on monitors, walls, door, ceilings, vents, televisions and windows.
- Sweeps and mops floor areas, vacuums carpets, spot cleans carpets using appropriate solutions, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned areas.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical.
- Cleans equipment and notifies manager of equipment needing repair. Reports safety hazards to manager.
- Cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in an orderly manner.
- May climb ladder to hang cubicle drapes, windows drapes in an orderly manner.
- May collect waste from all areas of responsibility.
- May collect hazardous waste as established by policy.
- Cleans isolation rooms during patient stay and following discharged.
- Cleans in operating suites using proper cleaning solutions and as prescribed by departmental procedures.
- Arranges furniture for meetings.
- May be asked to assist with the delivery of laundry carts to patient areas.
- The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Duty sheets for each area of responsibility have been established and will be communicated to the employee during the orientation period.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.